Your profile is your “storefront” to market yourself to those looking to hire. It is important to think about what others should know about you, what services you can provide and why you feel qualified.
This task is not meant to feel overwhelming, but you do want to put in the time to create an accurate and compelling profile. Here are some tips:
- Jot down notes. Write down key words about yourself. What should others know about you? How do your friends and family describe you? Ask others for input.
- Think about what kind of work you want to do. What have you done that makes you feel qualified to help others? Think about any specific types of projects you would like to work on. List them and think about how you may want to price these projects.
- Start writing. Once you’ve compiled all of your ideas, start answering the profile questions in a way that feels natural to you. Don’t feel pressured, you can always make modifications. Try to complete the sections in a way that is true to who you are. Don’t misrepresent yourself in any way or you won't end up working on projects that are the right fit for you.
- Ask for help from others. If you are still uncomfortable creating your profile, solicit help from your friends and family. Or, you can also hire someone on ModernDay Village to provide editing services.
- Get feedback from others before submitting your profile. You may also want to read your profile out loud; it's a great way to see whether it flows and sounds like you.
- Have fun! This is an opportunity for you to do something you love to do. Don’t feel stressed about getting started. If you spend the time thinking and taking notes to formulate a plan, the rest should fall into place easily.