ModernDay Village is designed to make the process of hiring someone as easy as possible.
If you don’t know what type of service you are interested in, please review our Explore page for ideas.
If you know which service you want to hire for, there are many different ways to perform a search depending on where you are on the website. Although, performing a search will most likely happen naturally by following the flow of the website, please see below for more detailed information:
From the top navigation bar
- Magnifying glass search – You can click on the magnifying glass to take you directly to the Search Results page or you can type in the service you are looking for. If the specific service does not appear in the drop-down menu, try thinking of a different word to describe the service.
- Explore – You can view and click on all of the services we are hoping to offer on this page. If you don’t see the service you are looking for, please Contact Us. Services are organized under categories to help you explore different areas where you can find help. Sometimes you will find the same service listed under more than one category, however the profiles you will find in your results will be the same no matter which category you choose the service from.
From the Home screen
- Search to Hire– Click on this button to take you to the Search Results page.
From the Search Results page- This page is where you will see all matches providing each service or all profiles providing all services.
- If you arrive on the search results page after selecting a service, you will be shown all profile matches for that service.
- If you arrive on the search results page without first choosing a service, you will use this page to help you find matches. You can select a category on the top blue bar to see all matches for that category. You can also see all available services within a category if you click on Choose a Service. Then choose a service from the drop-down menu.
The blue categories and the drop-down menu from Choose a Service are linked. If ALL is selected, which is the default, then all services will show in the dropdown menu of Choose a Service. If you select a category (ex. Food) then only those services within that category will be shown.
- You can just use the Choose a Service box to type in a service you are looking for. If the specific service does not appear in the drop-down menu, try thinking of a different word to describe the service.
- You can also use the Keyword Search on the left side of this page to search for a specific word in someone's profile.
When your search is performed, all qualified matches will be shown on your screen. Review all available matches to select the best match for you and your project. The next steps are to View Profiles of any matches that interest you. From there you can Send a Message to ask questions or learn more, or you can Get a Proposal to request getting a proposal for your project.